Physics settings for actors resetting at random

JonasKyratzes

The problem is pretty simple: I've got a bunch of actors set to "Cannot be pushed" and it would appear that Stencyl randomly resets them to "Normal". I've tried to find a pattern, but haven't really succeeded so far. It's definitely happening, though.

To clarify: this is happening in StencylWorks. It's not a bug where the setting claims to be one thing in Stencyl and then does something completely different in the game. But I can go through all my actors, set every one to "Cannot be pushed" and then a while later some will be back at "Normal".

Joe

The problem is pretty simple: I've got a bunch of actors set to "Cannot be pushed" and it would appear that Stencyl randomly resets them to "Normal". I've tried to find a pattern, but haven't really succeeded so far. It's definitely happening, though.

To clarify: this is happening in StencylWorks. It's not a bug where the setting claims to be one thing in Stencyl and then does something completely different in the game. But I can go through all my actors, set every one to "Cannot be pushed" and then a while later some will be back at "Normal".

Welcome to Stencyl, Jonas! :)

Besides attaching your logs like Mike suggested, do these settings get reset during the same session of working with StencylWorks or only after you close and reopen it? Are you saving along the way?

JonasKyratzes

Welcome to Stencyl, Jonas! :)

Hi! Glad to be here. Been working on a fairly large game for a while now, and enjoying Stencyl very much.

Besides attaching your logs like Mike suggested, do these settings get reset during the same session of working with StencylWorks or only after you close and reopen it? Are you saving along the way?

I'm saving obsessively. And I'm pretty sure the resetting happens during a session, though I'm not 100% certain. What this affects is the ships in a shmup, and since it has a lot of ships, I usually only notice after a while. I'm pretty sure this is more than just me being silly, though. My first assumption is always user error.

Attaching the logs.

JonasKyratzes

I just observed it happen during a session. I set the object to "Cannot be pushed", saved, exited, re-entered - nothing. Then a while later it was back at "Normal".

I'm reattaching the logs, in case that helps. The object where I just observed it is called Drone (one of my few non-silly names).

Rob

This is a very interesting bug if it turns out to be one. Would it be possible for you to make a minimal one scene game and upload to forge?
GOLDEN RULE #1 : SAVE YOUR GAMES FREQUENTLY
IOS/XCODE DEBUGGING
http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/xcode-ios-troubleshoot/
WATCH STENCYLWORKS VIDEO TUTORIAL BY SUNRISEKINGDOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDfRfjzr9j4&feature=channel_video_title

Legendary Hoamaru

Do you remember if you hit the memory limit before or after this starts to occur?  This is looking to be a side effect of low memory/ memory leaks (which is addressed in the unstable nightlys, but they're unstable).  There aren't any normal errors showing in the logs.

You might need to grab one of the higher memory caps exes from here if you have a large game.

JonasKyratzes

Do you remember if you hit the memory limit before or after this starts to occur?  This is looking to be a side effect of low memory/ memory leaks (which is addressed in the unstable nightlys, but they're unstable).  There aren't any normal errors showing in the logs.

You might need to grab one of the higher memory caps exes from here if you have a large game.

The game is fairly large, and I hit the memory limit regularly. I'll try the alternative exes. (I'm not having a huge problem anyway, but I thought it was important to let everyone know about this potential bug.) Thanks!