The Horror Game With a Working Title

JeffreyDriver

This was more of an experiment than anything. A long time ago I started work on a massive point & click adventure, but the enormity of the task made me give up.  I started thinking how I could distill it down into a more basic form and this was the result.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/717363
Current Projects:
Retro Redux Compilation (NEW).
Retro Redux (untitled) (NEW).
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

Bombini

Hey,
cool idea.
I havent played much yet because i find the font difficult to read. Especially when there is a lot text it kind of becomes a wall.
Maybe you want to try another one or adjust this one. Spacing and so on.
Cheers!

JeffreyDriver

Thanks Bombini. I've fixed the text and uploaded the new version. I'm going to fix a few typos now.
Current Projects:
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

JeffreyDriver

Front paged on Newgrounds, and it was, for a little while, quite highly scored on Kongregate (3.1), but dropped to 2.5.

I'm surprised at this was really just a simple experiment, although in reality it wasn't that simple. Much of the code for this turned out to be much more complex than anything I've done so far. Mainly because it uses pretty much all tiles and only a couple of actors.

The main criticism has been the lack of sound. I didn't add sound as this was based on Bitsy, which doesn't support sound, but I'm planning a longer sequel and if the people want sound, then they'll get sound.
Current Projects:
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

Bombini

I think the "secret" is that all your games have a unique charm which stands out (my opinion).
The story hook is good and i as a player want to knwo whats going on.

Congrats!

JeffreyDriver

This has now become a full game, if still rather short. If you fancy trying it out can play the preview here: https://www.newgrounds.com/projects/games/1261184/preview

Password: nomad
Current Projects:
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

JeffreyDriver

Several bugs fixed, and it's now on Kongregate. I don't normally do this, but if anyone cares to play and rate it on Kong I'd appreciate it.  https://www.kongregate.com/games/BowWow200/the-strange-disappearance-of-eldon-crowe
Current Projects:
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

JeffreyDriver

Current Projects:
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk