Installed Stencyl on a new PC - getting error to set HXCPP_MSVC_CUSTOM

harshhsrah

Am getting this error after did a new install of Stencyl(b10059) on a Windows laptop.

Error: 64bit is not automatically supported for this version of VC. Set HXCPP_MSVC_CUSTOM and manually configure the executable, library and include paths

Not exactly sure what I am supposed to do. Can some one explain what steps I need to take here

harshhsrah

Tried reinstalling Visual Studio, Adding the C++ tools etc. Now the error has changed to
'stencyl could not automatically setup MSVC' and Missing HXCPP_VARS

Looks like this is a visual studio thing ...but a plain simple installation with C++ should be enough as mentioned in various forum posts...I have managed to compile and run Stencyl on multiple machines (both PC & MAC) but this setup on a new machine is giving me problems.

harshhsrah

fourth time lucky!
Have been uninstalling and re installing Visual Studio with C++ and it worked after 4 attempts
No particular reason why it worked ...I was doing nothing different during each install...just hours spent in trying to find a solution and unnecessary downloads of around 30GB
I think we should have a small size download of all this stuff just what is relevant to Stencyl