html5 Version does not start on iOS devices

gabko

(sorry, if this question has been asked before but I had difficulties to find it.)

My Game "Another Stupid Timewasting X-mas Game" (http://www.gamesbasis.com/m/ast-xmas-game/) works all fine but the html5 Version won't finish loading and never starts but just on iOS devices. Has anybody an idea why this could be?
(This has happened to me before but I never actually cared because my games were usually not for public usage and I have android. And making iOS Apps does work so html5 was not so important).

Thanks for your help!

gabko

Can it be that it has something to do with the audio files?
It always gets stuck at about 90% of loading on iOS devices :-(

Justin

It does have something to do with audio. Does your game include .mp3 files as well? I believe safari requires mp3.

For Live Support: Join our discord channel and ping me @justin.

gabko

HI Justin, thanks for you help!
Yes, my game does have audio. I put both .ogg and .mp3 to the stencyl project but now that I checked in details the files in the html5-output contain just the .ogg files.

What is you advice how to handle that? Should I remove all audiofiles from the game for thml5 Version or is there a clever way how make it run in safari elsehow, maybe even with the audio-files (or without)?

Justin

What build of Stencyl are you using? It should include both the .mp3 and .ogg files as of b9943, which was about 4 months ago.

gabko

So far 3.4.0 beta4 (b9300) - I will update and try again.

gabko

...äh, where do I find that build to download?

Justin

gabko