irock

Stencyl-Made Ludum Dare 43 Games

Game Name                                   Author
Dungeon of Sacrificekantieno
dropboytorcado
Fire and AtlasIrock
Nature is Harshhavana24
Total Party KillAdventureIslands

If you'd like your game added to this list, make a post with a link to your Ludum Dare 43 entry and I'll add it.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 04:52:12 pm by irock »

GregAnims

anyone else notice that "nature is harsh" is a total copy of my "Making Monkeys" game? lol

never come here, just happened to be browsing and noticed this..

GregAnims

also, irock i remember you. glad to see your still gettin some enjoyment from making games. is stencyl the same or have changes been made to the engine since i was using it? (years ago) your zelda style game was great.. shame you didnt use the code for another adventure game

aeklad

I assumed Nature is Harsh was made by the same person who did Making Monkeys. 

havana24

Hi greg, how's it going? :)

While the inspiration is definitely there, I think the two games are basically different.
Yes, you can shoot monkeys but you can't move them as in your game (they are not clones).
You can jump on their dead bodies over the spikes, but is not the single mechanics: you can also shoot and squeeze them in order to make arrows that you can use later to shoot the banana (in order to move it, if unreachable) or to climb a wall like a ladder (gif).
The dead body mechanics over spikes is something that many user did with this theme and have done in the past, like Super Rude Bear Resurrection.
About the "monkey theme" I used this because I had some old assets that I created a while back for another contest (the pewdiepie's one), so I decided to start from there in order to save time.
Monkeys also were perfect to fit my idea of a videogame "documentary" with a voiceover.
That being said, I hope to had not caused any trouble. ;)

-havana24
My Website: www.havana24.net

GregAnims

While the inspiration is definitely there, I think the two games are basically different.
-havana24

This has gotta be like the 5th(?) time iv seen a clone of one of my games, and when called out the user is a complete bitch and tries to cook up some elaborate story of "coincidences" that happen to align. Why don't you just admit you got busted and apologise. Its pathetic. You probably put more effort into that post than trying to disguise that your game is a 1 to 1 rip off. And, yes, using sticky wall monkeys to climb walls is a mechanic in my game (just executed better), but you already knew that didnt you..

I see you put a lot of effort into hyperlinks and backstory. Honestly, i could screenshot and such myself but i cant be bothered, any idiot who sees these two games knows yours is a carbon copy without even the decency to give credit. Case in point just look at the post above yours.

Now not only have you ripped off my work/art, you're tryna say i'm a liar or delusional too? Jesus dude, have some class.

In future, make your own games - or at the very least give credit.

irock

I realize you're upset that his game is similar to yours, and maybe I would be too, but I'd recommend letting it go. Going after developers for their little game jam games isn't a great look (especially considering your game is seven years old), and there are far better uses of your time.

GregAnims

I realize you're upset that his game is similar to yours, and maybe I would be too, but I'd recommend letting it go. Going after developers for their little game jam games isn't a great look (especially considering your game is seven years old), and there are far better uses of your time.

Yeah its stupid and petty but telling them they're a twat is really all i can do in this situation - so that is what i shall do.