Can you guide Mr. Smith home? W.I.P.

rutherglen

This is a work in progress.

www.gethomedrunk.com

Controls :

Arrow keys : left, right, up (no down movement).

Guide :

Use the toilets to regain speed.

Lifeline: Click on the Taxi logo or Press T to call a Taxi to skip the level you won’t get any points for the level and this can only be used once in the full game.

Eat at the fast food restaurants (Cockerels-fried-chick-men, Burger it up!, Jobbie Kebabs) for £10 each time, you will fuel up on food and be able to use the toilet here too to regain speed. Be careful each time one of the restaurants will be serving dodgy food.

If you’re served dodgy food and get sick use one of the toilets or eat at another restaurant to recover.

If you have less than £10 you can’t buy food anymore.

Use the train for £50 but you will heavily be deducted points. If you have less than £50 you can’t use the train.

Get the bus for £20. Wait around the bus stop for 5 seconds and the bus will arrive. You will be deducted points for using the bus. if you have less than £20 you can”t use the bus.

Avoid the pickpockets who are roaming, you will lose some money. Avoid the football crowds or you’ll be dragged down the street along with them in their momentum. Avoid the jealous drunken thug or he’ll kill you. Avoid stepping in the pools of sick or they’ll temporarily slow you down.

Next year I will work on adding more levels like Glasgow, Dublin, Sydney, Paris, Mexico, Los Angeles, New York, Moscow, Tokyo etc. Also adding more characters to choose from as the main player.

I might add random lights turning on and off in the windows of the houses too.

Hopefully I’ll get better at graphics too and improve that aspect of the game. I’ll write more music for it too and have added some more verses to the main theme tune and will upload when I address all the bugs at the same time.

Bugs that I’m aware of and will fix when I get the time :

The main character sometimes gets stuck while walking right up along the houses. I’ve set friction to 0 for both collisions but this still doesn’t resolve it. I’ve tried changing the collision shape to circle but this also gives weird physics results, I’ll have to look into this more.

Movement, I messed around with this a bit making him sway back and forth and to the side randomly but this made the game too hard, it also made it less fun because you want a certain amount of control over your player. I was content to keep y speed up the only variable and not even have y speed down. A solution to give a more swaying drunken effect might be to add more frames in the animation movement for the player illustrating the swaying rather than coding randomised movement.

Sound, the football hooligan sound loops infinitely down at the bottom of the scene. I’ll have to add a couple of booleans or just re-code the sound for that actor type.

Hi i like your remake of this game :o

rutherglen

Hi thank you for trying the game!

Glad you liked it, not sure what you mean by remake?... Am I missing something? This is my own original idea.

Hi!
I said that it was on the ZX Spectrum. But I could be wrong ... 8)

rutherglen

Thanks for the info, I’ll try and check it out.

The inspiration for my game came from my dad. He used to work for a bank in Central London and always wore grey suits.

I’ll be adding more levels like Tokyo, Glasgow etc next year.