Selling game

1Dexter1CZ

Hi guys,

I would like to ask where can I sell my game. Is there any websites to sell? I have game in demo version for pc website and I would like to do full version for mobile.

Thanks for answers :)

colburt187

Do you mean as an exe download for PC? you can sell games on sites like itch.io, GameJolt and of course Steam.

1Dexter1CZ

No I mean sell game licend to some studio or one man.

colburt187

Im not sure selling the game license to a studio is something that really happens. If you have a finished game you could potentially approach a publisher about your game.

The ways people generally make money from stencyl games are, Self publishing on mobile, desktop or getting a sponsorship deal with a HTML5 browser.

ceosol

No I mean sell game licend to some studio or one man.

What you are talking about is getting a publisher to buy it. I have had a few publishers and I know a couple other Stencylers have done the same thing. I'm not sure if there is a list of small publishers on the web anywhere - a smaller publisher would be more likely to buy your game. The bigger guys like EA, etc., will probably say no. The medium guys like Adult Swim, Nitrome, etc., might say yes depending on whether your game fits what they are looking for.

You could start here: https://medium.com/@ekisterev/indie-friendly-game-publishers-list-2018-47c2d96e6cbb and then do some of your own searches for publishing companies.