Help!

Barlow

I am creating a Jeopardy! game for a class at school and am not sure how to set up the question bank!!! If you need a copy of my game, let me know, and I will upload it!!!

JeffreyDriver

You'll need to use a global list or map attributed to store all the questions.

http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/lists/
http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/maps/

You can then use a random number generator to get questions.
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

Barlow

How do I do that? The stencyl tutorials didn't make sense to me

JeffreyDriver

What have you got so far?

Have you done the crash courses yet?

If you're completely new to Stencyl there's quite a lot to explain to achieve what you want to do. There are two main types of attributes; Local (the blue blocks) which are local to a scene or actor. Then global/game attributes (purple blocks) whose values are carried throughout the entire game.

Like everything in Stencyl there's a hundred ways of achieving the same thing depending on your preferences and working methods. You don't just want to store your questions, but also the answers, then I guess you also want to stop the same question being repeated in the same game.

Getting a question from a list is easy. Just use the blocks under NUMBERS & TEXT > MATHS > RANDOM NUMBERS to pick a random entry from the list, but preventing duplicate questions and checking the answer becomes more complex.
Current Projects:
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

Barlow

I have been using Stencyl going on three years now, so yes, I have completed the crash courses. That process makes sense. But I am still unsure how to eliminate the questions!!

Barlow

Okay, so I created my maps and did what you said, and this happened:

JeffreyDriver

See attached image for an example.

The questions in the list are stored like this - Question 1;1;Answer A;Answer B;Answer C

When the question is retrieved, its split into another list using the semicolon.

Question 1
This is the question

The number represents which of the following answers are correct.

Answer A;Answer B;Answer C
Are the three possible answers.
Current Projects:
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk