Stencyl UI is teeny tiny - can't read it

pawolf98

I'm on a Windows 10 machine with a very high resolution. Other apps work fine though so I'm sure I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Anyone else run into this issue? I saw a post from 3 years ago referring to an older version of Stencyl having this problem. Is this still a bug in the software?

Thanks all!

MrD69

Can you upload pics of what specifically is small??
Games: Arrow Mania, Breakout/Outbreak, Water Drop

dtishin

Honestly, pawolf98 is right - Stencyl has very small font size, which is impossible to change within the tool's UI (and there are a few threads on this topic). I tried using various compatibility modes in Windows 10 but in vain. I work on a 13.3'' 1920x1080 laptop, so one solution is to get a bigger screen, but I usually work from a cafe, so carrying an external display is not a recommended option :) It drastically reduces accessibilty for vision-impaired people, and for everyone else it might lead to posture and eye problems. I find it ironic that a software development tool (and a great tool at that) doesn't allow to configure its own UI.

@MrD69, if you work on a bigger screen, try to view the attached screenshot on the area of your screen equivalent to 13.3'' diagonal, and you'll hopefully see the problem!

Raiyumi

I had a laptop with high resolution display and to fix it I had to:

right-click stencyl.exe > properties > compatibility > change high dpi settings.
Then checkmarked everything and set the dropdowns to: "I Open this program" and "System".

dtishin

I had a laptop with high resolution display and to fix it I had to:

right-click stencyl.exe > properties > compatibility > change high dpi settings.
Then checkmarked everything and set the dropdowns to: "I Open this program" and "System".

Wow, that was a life saver! It doesn't fit as much information on screen now, but it's definitely more friendly to the eyes.
Thank you very much! This piece of advice should be pinned somewhere by the Stencyl creators...