4.0 Android Building Issues [Solved]

MrD69

Hello I attached my log files.
I upgraded my game to 4.0 and reinstalled android sdk with ndk-r15c

and now it no longer compiles. I thought the problem was with admob extension, and so i disabled that and still wont compile.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 07:54:06 am by MrD69 »
Games: Arrow Mania, Breakout/Outbreak, Water Drop

rob1221

The errors seem to point to the built in ad extension but the line numbers are different from what I'm seeing.  Did you do a clean install by deleting the older install first?

MrD69

The old stencylworks folder? or the old Stencyl folder in C:/Program Files(x86) I didn't delete either

Justin

The old Stencyl folder. You don't want to delete the stencylworks folder because that's where all your games are.

For Live Support: Join our discord channel and ping me @justin.

MrD69

I removed and reinstalled the Stencyl folder in C:/Program Files(x86)/

I also upgraded byrobbin extension from v0.0.8 which I was using to v0.1.9

It still would not build, so I disabled the byrobbin extension and tried rebuilding, and it STILL wont build :/

MrD69

So I built a different game not currently using Google Play services and it worked. It appears that Stencyl's in house game settings checkbox to enable/disable google play services will cause this to happen.

rob1221

I don't get any compilation errors with Google Play enabled and I tested with AdMob on and off.  Did you clean the project after removing the outdated AdMob extension?

MrD69

I tried building in this project with all the features like ad mob, google play services removed and nope still wont compile. I tried just now to clean project and the dam thing froze :/ idk if quitting forcefully will just corrupt my project. im guessing probably

MrD69

Ok I was able to clean and now it builds for android thanks :)