Please help... 4.0 i want 3.4 back my game wont work

Behappy859

hello

I really need some help on getting stencil 3.4 back. I seen the new 4.o and downloading it now my game does not want to work. do not know why. I just want to get 3.4 back some how.

Luyren

I seen the new 4.o and downloading it now my game does not want to work.
People can only help if you tell exactly what doesn't work. Overcomming the initial hurdles of converting a game from 3.4 to 4.0, whatever they may be, are worth the effort.

Now, answering your questions, legacy releases can be found here. Though once your game is converted to 4.0, it is not recommended to go to an older version. If you want to use 3.4, you better have a saved back up.
Working.

vicevicebingo

I just delete dadaway by just updated to 4.0.
And make copycat in 4.0.

I don't think it is a bad choice,
who will just stuck at that part for hours?

Behappy859

I seen the new 4.o and downloading it now my game does not want to work.
People can only help if you tell exactly what doesn't work. Overcomming the initial hurdles of converting a game from 3.4 to 4.0, whatever they may be, are worth the effort.

Now, answering your questions, legacy releases can be found here. Though once your game is converted to 4.0, it is not recommended to go to an older version. If you want to use 3.4, you better have a saved back up.
thank you, and yes i always have multiple back ups. i would love to use stencyl 4.0 however i really have no idea whats going on.  i seen some error behaviors that wouldn't work, even though those behaviors are not even attached to any actor what so ever.  So i deleted those behaviors then tested the game. it was over 20 minutes confiling or converting (whatever it does when it loads). i was tired of waiting so i exit out. i could possibly figure out how to send a log if that could help? I hope to use 4.0 mainly because of the memory and speed it suppose to have. If, i sent a log could that help? or possibly send you a copy of the game ?

Behappy859

here is a log file i just saved i hope this could help not sure what any of it means.

Luyren

thank you, and yes i always have multiple back ups. i would love to use stencyl 4.0 however i really have no idea whats going on.  i seen some error behaviors that wouldn't work, even though those behaviors are not even attached to any actor what so ever.  So i deleted those behaviors then tested the game. it was over 20 minutes confiling or converting (whatever it does when it loads). i was tired of waiting so i exit out. i could possibly figure out how to send a log if that could help? I hope to use 4.0 mainly because of the memory and speed it suppose to have. If, i sent a log could that help? or possibly send you a copy of the game ?
You can PM me the game if you want me to take a look (preferably a copy of one of your back ups on 3.4), but I might take a while to look at it.
Working.

rob1221

I see you tried to access preferences a few times but that doesn't work on the current public build unless you use the updated file posted here: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,58014.msg305520.html#msg305520

Behappy859

I see you tried to access preferences a few times but that doesn't work on the current public build unless you use the updated file posted here: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,58014.msg305520.html#msg305520
thank you

Behappy859

just curious i tried to read the log file and i wonder if i need to install a new java  the log showed it cant read java 8.

rob1221

JDK 8 is still supported.

Behappy859

JDK 8 is still supported.
thank you rob
when I added that file . the game now works.  however now im getting a very low fps. the main menu and character select scene runs great at 60fps. however my playable scene the fps runs at 2.
on 3.4 it ran at 28 to 30 which was ok for me. but 2 is bad it lags so bad.