Upgrade Broke Game

reneejerden

I made the mistake of upgrading Stencyl before finishing my game. I had build 9300 and now 10239. Now that the game is upgraded, my first level is broken - the Walk animation doesn't work. My Player glides across the terrain in the mid-Jump position. The Jump behavior still works, but when he lands, he's still "jumping".  The "Walk" animation works fine in other levels. Screenshots and logs attached (log-2019-02-05, SceneEvents_0)

My "Test Scene" button acts like the "Test Game" button, which I looked up on the forums and found the solution to switch out the sw.jar files, but my computer won't allow me to delete the original sw.jar or add the new one, so I can't seem to fix that problem.

My Level 5 instructions start button is programmed to go to Level 5, but even though I've checked the code blocks several times, and it shows that it's set to Level 5, it still takes me  to the Tutorial Level every time I hit the button (which is not the starting scene). Screenshot and logs attached (log-2019-02-05a, SceneEvents_20)

None of these issues were there before upgrading Stencyl. I was almost completely finished with it. Please help!

EDIT - I should also add that my "Idle" animation looks weird now, too.

gon213

Did you uninstall stencyl 3.4 before updating stencyl?

reneejerden

My Mac never actually let me install it to begin with - I did, however, unmount the dmg file.

As of this morning, I have fixed the Tutorial flying problem, but still have no idea what is going on with Instructions for Level 5 going to Tutorial instead of Level 5, which is my priority, as the rest can be dealt with (annoying, but possible). If anyone has insight on that, I would appreciate it.

gon213

I don't think I can help you with this. Your code looks fine to me.
All I can suggest is if you saved your game as a .stencyl before hand delete your current version of stencyl reinstall it then import your .stencyl
I had problems with stencyl too so I reinstalled and  all works well now.

reneejerden

It looks like the problem was the button itself had gotten corrupted. Not sure what happened with that, but as soon as I got rid of the button and used a different one, it started working properly. I think I'm able to finally finish my game now. *Fingers crossed*
Thanks!!

gon213