A Foresty Game

Fayabella

Oh, nice! That seems like it'll be useful. What do I input for the time stamp? The 'Elapsed Minutes' attribute at the time the actor is created?

Luyren

Oh, nice! That seems like it'll be useful. What do I input for the time stamp? The 'Elapsed Minutes' attribute at the time the actor is created?
You got it. You just have to store the "elapsed minutes" for the given event/actor, and how you do that depends on your game. Since the custom block returns the elapsed time in minutes, you'd have to setup your growth time in minutes.
Working.

Fayabella

Alrighty. Thanks for that!

Fayabella

Heya, I'm gonna be gone for about two weeks, so I'm not gonna be able to work on my game or post any updates. Just a head's up.

Fayabella

Alrighty I'm back now. I haven't felt like working on this for a bit, but I'll get back to it. Right now I need tallgrass/wildgrass sprites and I can't really find or draw any.

Once I do, though, I can add farming!

Fayabella

I got sidetracked and added lanterns! You craft one, and it's put into your inventory (not your tools, though I could make it like that).  When it's selected, it shines light around the player! It's a bit like a torch, just a little smaller. I'm also tweaking the colours for the day/night cycle to make it more aesthetically pleasing.

Fayabella

You can now grow trees! Here's a bunch of saplings: (They grow into trees eventually!)

Turns out my tree placement in the world generation was really wonky, and  I never noticed because the trees add themselves to the list of objects instead of the generation. Fixed it!

And here's the lantern working:

Fayabella

I've just added a mechanic that allows some items to be used. So far, I only have an item that warps time for testing purposes, but later I can add consumable items such as health items, food, thrown projectiles, etc. to the game without much hassle.

Progress on my game is really slow right now, but at least things are being worked on.