A Foresty Game

Bombini

Consider moving to PC exe or MAC for performance. I also started as a Flash game and moved to Desktop.

Fayabella

I don't have the pro version so for now I'll use Flash, but in the future I probably will switch.

Except, does  desktop support blend modes? The lighting system relies on them, I believe.

Luyren

I don't have the pro version so for now I'll use Flash, but in the future I probably will switch.

Except, does  desktop support blend modes? The lighting system relies on them, I believe.
As far as I know it does. All the behaviors I sent you were tested on desktop (windows). You can also already test your game on desktop without a Stencyl pro/indie subscription, you just can't publish for those platforms.
Working.

Fayabella

Oh, cool. Then yes, I'll switch eventually. Plus, desktop supports shaders, which can be pretty useful in some cases.

Fayabella

Alright, I'm back on my computer. It's been a while but I should be getting some progress done soon.

Fayabella

I've released v2.0.0!

Huge thanks to Luyren who supplied the main behaviours for the UI and crafting system, and helping me get it set up and working.

It's 2.0.0 instead of 1.5.0 because it is much bigger than the other updates.
You can play it here: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/39890
Here are the changes:
2.0.0: May 15 2019
-Added new level generation screen.

-Added a UI. You can access/rearrange your inventory, craft, and generate a new level from it. Hit 'E' to open it, and within it, Z and X to select and cancel.

-Added crafting. You can now craft a variety of items, from tools to workstations.

-Added tools. You now need the right tool to do something. You can upgrade tools. So far there are basic, stone, and copper tools.

-Added 2 more inventory slots.

-Added Mines. Shift-click them to mine down one level. Some patches have more of a certain ore than others!

-Added the Forge. You can craft bars from ores with this.

-You now only have a range of 4 tiles.

-Plentiful bug fixes

-Also probably added some bugs

-You now scroll your inventory with up/down arrow keys, and you cycle tools (separate from inventory) with left/right.

-Stones now give you copper instead of iron, iron is now the 2nd tier metal, found only in deeper levels of mines.

-Added the hoe, with which you can till dirt. Tilling serves no purpose as of yet (but farming shall come).

-You can now click and hold to continuously mine something.

-More small features that I'm sure I forgot to mention.
The Anvil does nothing yet, but is craftable, even if it would take quite some time to get it with only basic mines. Anyways, the game begins to take form! Still no title or player sprite, unfortunately. I may also still have to do some balancing.

And please, feel free to leave suggestions and/or bug reports! I like feedback.

Fayabella

Also, if anyone has a better idea for the default control scheme, let me know! What I have is temporary, and I don't know what would be better. I know it's kind of a pain to have to go and move your hand from the mouse to the arrow keys and back.

Anyways, I'm gonna see what I can do about adding farming. Maybe I'll start by adding a random tick counter to the game.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 07:30:01 pm by Fayabella »