Insurgence of Forgotten Fairies

Akemi

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I understand the idea behind a border around the game area, but how would borders around the text work?  Just boxes around the text, or something more complicated?

JeffreyDriver

Yeah, just a box/frame around each bit of text.
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

Akemi

I don't really love the idea of a frame around the text, but I did experiment with something similar:

It looks a bit cluttered right now, but I think with some tweaking it could work. I also edited the 3D background a bit, and it looks a lot nicer.

Akemi

I started implementing Potential Shifts/bombs.

This is Kiyoko's A-type bomb: "Charge Danmaku: World Ender". So far I've got bomb damage and triggering working. I still have to implement a limit to bombs, as well as a way to acquire them.

Akemi

It's been a while. I feel a bit disappointed that I don't have more to show visually, but I've been hard at work on the programming side of the game, as well as the music.

This image might not look that much different, but it's actually running a completely from scratch bullet "engine", if you will, using the Image API. As of this writing, it's a conglomeration of the Image API and ten separate lists, each with a separate value for each individual bullet. I then run through the lists each frame, and update the position and angle of the images to coincide with the values stored in the lists. While it was a bit of a pain to get working, the plus side is that now I only require a single block to spawn a bullet, I have much greater control over what I can do with each bullet, and the framerate isn't tanking because of the sheer amount of actors on-screen.

It still requires some polish, and there's a few things here and there that I need to optimize to get a fully steady framerate, but I thought that this was a good point to give an update on things.