Insurgence of Forgotten Fairies

rob1221

You could sync your bullet updating with Stencyl's updating, but that would also result in faster updates of 100 per second.

Akemi

How would I do that? I might have done that already: I divide the bullet's speed by Engine.STEP_SIZE, but I doubt that that's what you're referring to.

Also, this thread hit 9999 views. Thanks!

rob1221

I'm assuming you already have an update function that's called each frame, maybe using an event listener?  If so, you could call that function in the Updating event instead.

Akemi

It's been a bit longer than I'd like it to have been.

But, I've finally figured out my major lag issue (with a lot of help from rob1221, merrak, Luyren, Justin, and probably some more people: I've been working on this one problem for a while now, so I've forgotten everyone who's helped me. Thanks guys!). That means that I can finally start working on the game again!

Finally...

This will probably be the first stage boss's first attack. I also having switched the bullet event listener to updating, so now bullets don't slow down during lag. I'm thinking of causing them to update faster than 100 times a second, though, because of some issues with very fast spirals not coming out properly, but I'm not sure how that would affect the bullets.