A little help with an inventory system?

Fayabella

Working better! It seems to add 2x the requested amount when I add item though. Peculiar.

Idea: You could add a drawing part to the behaviour where as well as choosing amount of slots, etc. you can enable text drawing of inventory with inputs x, y, font, and padding. This way people can have a simple inventory display while they get it working, then they can work on their own gui later. Also, toggling whether you can toggle the inventory drawing with a control perhaps?

Attached is my drawing event for the behaviour (slightly modified from yours, and you could use attributes instead of font/drawing layer/toggle screen space/'empty' text/position/padding:)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:50:39 pm by Fayabella »

Luyren

Working better! It seems to add 2x the requested amount when I add item though. Peculiar.
That's probably something on your end. I just tested with add one item followed by kill actor, and it only adds one item.

Idea: You could add a drawing part to the behaviour where as well as choosing amount of slots, etc. you can enable text drawing of inventory with inputs x, y, font, and padding. This way people can have a simple inventory display while they get it working, then they can work on their own gui later. Also, toggling whether you can toggle the inventory drawing with a control perhaps?
Will consider this if I upload another public version of this in the future.
Working.

Luyren

That's probably something on your end. I just tested with add one item followed by kill actor, and it only adds one item.
I'll just eat my words on this one. It is indeed not working properly yet in some cases. I'll post again when I get it fixed, but wanted to let you know, it might take a while.
Working.

Luyren

Ok, fixed it faster than I thought, apologies for the double-posting. I've attached the fixed behavior, and two images showing what changed if you want to apply the fix yourself. Sorry about that.
Working.

Fayabella

Alright it seems to be working, thanks for all the help!