"SOLVED" compile to windows "compiling" nothing happens after.

FurizaKold

Hello,
as the title indicates, i try to compile to windows, get the "compiling" status, goes away and nothing outputs.
using visual studio 2015 with tools installed. thanks for any help.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:30:07 am by FurizaKold »

joeygu

I'm having the same problem.
It worked fine earlier, today I upgraded to 4.01 and it just won't test the game anymore on windows platform.
It shows "saving", "finalizing", "compiling",  then nothing.
I have tired to repair visual studio but no help.
Please resolve urgently! Thx

rob1221

Could you generate and attach logs?

joeygu

Hope this is the log file you require, if not just let me know.
thx

rob1221

Code: [Select]
Warning: Could not find Visual Studio 2017 VsDevCmdDid you install the C++ tools for the 2017 version?

FurizaKold

Hi Rob, I have installed the C++ tools and restarted my pc still showing errors:*

after reviewing my logs i found:

Warning: Could not find Visual Studio 2017 VsDevCmd
ERROR [Thread-23] stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [haxelib.exe] Error: Could not automatically setup MSVC
ERROR [pool-1-thread-2] stencyl.sw.app.tasks.buildgame.GameBuilder: Failed: Running Standalone (windows). (Return code: 1)
Missing HXCPP_VARS

everything else appears to be fine, im further researching this error now, also i was testing the dungeon sample in flash, noticed the pixels are a little jerky when i moved more than halfway across the screen, its not tearing, just not smooth either..so vague

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 09:29:49 am by FurizaKold »

FurizaKold

fixed for me, solution:

uninstalled visual studio, reboot, downloaded visual studio 2017 community edition with desktop packages/tools selected,
install, and reboot. allow up to 5 minutes for compiling.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 10:29:33 am by FurizaKold »

joeygu

something is very wrong with the 4.01 version.
not only I couldn't test the game on windows platform, which I could when using version 3.4, strange thing started to happen on flash platform as well.

I have an actor that was set to show itself (fade to 100%) over 3 secs, such simple thing which worked perfectly in version 3.4, now it simply refuse to work!
No matter what I try, the actor will not show up.

I have no choice but remove 4.01 and return to 3.4

rob1221

Could you post a sample project showing that fade problem?