Low FPS in HTML5 using Firefox

domagojbulat

I'm trying to get my game run on HTML as smooth as it does on Flash (55-60FPS).
On Chrome the performance is not so bad, but in Firefox it can drop down to around 20FPS.
Luyren suggested to check the Coburt's advice to search are there any errors running in background that don't affect Flash, but might slow down HTML (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,58237.msg306600.html#msg306600)

I found a few warnings and fixed them, but that didn't help. Now there are no warnings and there is just this error:
Could not create block from xml tag: font

I don't suppose this is the cause of slowing down the game, but it would probably be good that I fix it.
Can someone please help?  Also any suggestion how to improve FPS in HTML is apprechiated! Thanks!  :)
EDIT: Attached the log (made by testing in Flash)

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:57:37 am by domagojbulat »

rob1221

Drawing blocks, some image API blocks, and effects are some examples of things that will perform worse outside of Flash.

domagojbulat

Thanks! I’ll start  by removing actors and images bouncing effects (tweeting) for HTML version. I’ll post here later when I try a few more things and see results..

decafpanda

Hey Domo!  Good luck man.  I'm still having trouble getting mine to work in HTML5 and it's just a prototype with very basic code and collisions.  Can't wait to see the new game and hope you have been well!!

Btw, have you talked with Armor about sponsorship?  Are they willing to sponsor a Flash game at this point?

domagojbulat

The performance is actually pretty good in both browsers. I’m not testing this on a very powerful laptop so that’s why I get some FPS drop. Just yesterday our music guy started talking with Jupiter from Armor, their first question was is the game in HTML?
Me and the game are both  doing very well, thanks!! Game got way bigger and better than I planned. As we grew withit, we had to go back and polish more and more stuff we began to perceive as not good any more. It will take a few more months till release, but it should go to HTML, Android, iOS and PC. Currently overhauling it to iPhoneX super wide format.
Happy to hear you are making an HTML as well! Hope you manage make it smooth!

colburt187

Hey Domo!  Good luck man.  I'm still having trouble getting mine to work in HTML5 and it's just a prototype with very basic code and collisions.  Can't wait to see the new game and hope you have been well!!

Btw, have you talked with Armor about sponsorship?  Are they willing to sponsor a Flash game at this point?

if you want to send me a game file to test I can see if it runs well on my machine. So far my HTML5 tests run smoothly. Im on stencyl 10303

decafpanda

if you want to send me a game file to test I can see if it runs well on my machine. So far my HTML5 tests run smoothly. Im on stencyl 10303

Thanks Man! I appreciate it.  It's running much smoother now but still not nearly as smooth as Flash.  Move player with mouse.  Click mouse to dash into enemies.  It's just a prototype with all placeholders but you get the idea.

colburt187

Im using a Mac and testing on safari, it runs the same for me on flash as it does on HTML5, 60 fps

decafpanda

Thank you for looking at it.  I still get big lag spikes after extended play sessions but it's running much better after doing some tweaking.