iOS Build help

MrD69

Hello I have been doing work for a client helping them to publish their game for nearly 3 months now and have almost all but given up with the never ending problems of iOS. Initially I tried on 2 separate hackintosh machines but that failed. Then I tried team viewers to my clients Mac but it was already out of date and only 2 friggin years old. Now he has a new machine. Running Mojave. With Latest xCode. and stencyl 4.0
The game will not build for iOS. Will not even run in a Sim. The weirdest part is that build fails almost instantly. I mean less than a second after starting. Which tells me it has nothing to do with certificates or any of that junk usually at fault. The stencyl debuggimg capabilities are really lousy as about the only information we can gain from the logs is a segmentation fault in the Image.hx file as part of the stencyl engine. Can someone please respond with why exactly this problem is happening and what could possibly be done to resolve it
Games: Arrow Mania, Breakout/Outbreak, Water Drop

Justin

The actual logs would be extremely helpful, but you did mention "Image.hx", so I'm going to guess here that it has something to do with the game's icon. Try replacing the icon for the game and see if it helps. If not, posting with more details, especially a log of the failure, would be a good next step.

For Live Support: Join our discord channel and ping me @justin.

rob1221

Same problem reported here: http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,58278.0.html

So far it doesn't seem to be a game-specific problem.  Your client and the OP in that linked post are both on Mojave, so that might have something to do with it, although the other dev who had a similar error with HTML5 is on High Sierra.

MrD69

That other article would be my client, and so his logs are posted there. I knew he was asking for help on the forums but couldnt find his posting so i made my own. we have both tried everything we can think of without success
Games: Arrow Mania, Breakout/Outbreak, Water Drop

Justin

Feel free to ask me on discord. We can probably figure it out within a couple of hours. Otherwise it may take a few days of replies and information.

For Live Support: Join our discord channel and ping me @justin.