Ingame shop Scene/behaviour/kit?

zerosimms

Hey,

Before I go and potentially re-invent the wheel, does anyone know if there is a  shop behavior or kit available for a shop?

Something like being able to add multiple items with images, description, price and owned or not?
I've had a look at the forge and can't find anything, but I'm also aware that forge has some hidden gems.

Cheers

Luyren

I have an in-game shop with customizeable layout that adds/removes items for a player actor, but it's not exactly public yet. I can work with you to get a version for your game (though there appears to be a learning curve to use this stuff).

If that's not exactly what you need, the logic to organize items in menus is something I'm familiar with, so I can give you pointers if you want to write your own code.

Attached my current demo layout.
I have my Stencyl resources available here: https://luyren.itch.io/

Sniper231996

Would you share the code or the basic idea of how one reaches a specific point where upon a menu opens up so that one can purchase stuff? Like how does the inventory intake work? How does the client requirement work? Lastly how do we store the profits and keep a log? Must be very complex right?

Luyren

Would you share the code or the basic idea of how one reaches a specific point where upon a menu opens up so that one can purchase stuff? Like how does the inventory intake work? How does the client requirement work? Lastly how do we store the profits and keep a log? Must be very complex right?
Can't share the code as of yet. As for how it works, I can only give advice if you've tried something already, as there are a lot of moving pieces in doing something like that. Break all of the elements down and work on them one by one. Forge still has my Inventory behavior in there, so that is a good place to start in regards to item storage.
I have my Stencyl resources available here: https://luyren.itch.io/