Character Controller

dekilana

How complicated can I make the controller? For example I want my player to have normal run, walk, shoot, etc controls, however I want  in between controls as well, for example walking with rifle, running with rifle etc. Is this possible? I understand all this requires extra sprites, but I don't mind.

JeffreyDriver

Certainly possible. It just depends on writing the logic for it. Depending on how many different states you need it may get a little complex.
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

dekilana

The way I see it
Idle= Unarmed- Holding weapon- Aiming weapon- Shooting weapon
Walking= Unarmed- Holding weapon
Running= Unarmed- Holding weapon

There wont be too many weapons, just knife, pistol, rifle and bow
I definetly wont start with all this, but I just want to know how far I can take this

JeffreyDriver

You can take it as far as you need to, and you could write this code so that it automatically selects the correct animation rather than having to write logic for each type of weapon.

For example, if all your animations were named like this "Unarmed Idle, Pistol Idle, Rifle Idle" and so on, and you had the current weapon stored in a text attribute, you can retrieve it and create a string.

See attached for the basic idea.
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

dekilana

You can take it as far as you need to, and you could write this code so that it automatically selects the correct animation rather than having to write logic for each type of weapon.

For example, if all your animations were named like this "Unarmed Idle, Pistol Idle, Rifle Idle" and so on, and you had the current weapon stored in a text attribute, you can retrieve it and create a string.

See attached for the basic idea.
Thank you so much