FMOD Studio Extension

SirCrocketz

Hey guys! I'm working on an FMOD studio extension. I believe I'm getting rather close but I'm also very new to this. I think a header isn't being loaded. I'm using the FMOD 1.10 API and a GitHub repository someone made for implementing FMOD with Haxe. https://github.com/AaronShea/faxe

attached is a log of the error I am recieving currently. The API is discovered but it seems some definitions aren't making it through.

mdotedot

Propably a block code is missing a semicolon:

Source/scripts/Design_4_4_ElisaBehavior.hx:144: characters 22-23 : Missing ;
Source/scripts/Design_4_4_ElisaBehavior.hx:156: characters 33-34 : Missing ;

Functions that return a value are block-type 'normal' and don't use ;
Code: [Select]
code="Extension.function()" type="normal"
Actions that return a value of void are block-type 'action' and need a ; in the code.
   code="Extension.Function();" type="action"

But you have far bigger problems (a little piece from the logs)

\api\studio\inc\fmod_studio_common.h(181): error C3646: 'opencallback': unknown override specifier
\api\studio\inc\fmod_studio_common.h(181): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
\api\studio\inc\fmod_studio_common.h(421): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
\api\studio\inc\fmod_studio_common.h(445): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '*'
\api\studio\inc\fmod_studio.h(24): error C2146: syntax error: missing ';' before identifier 'FMOD_Studio_System_Create'

You need to understand C++ to solve these problems.

I took a quick look at the faxe thing and noticed that there was an instruction 'COPY_YOUR_FMOD_API_HERE'
there might be specific version required so you could contact the author for more instructions.
Hanging out in the Chat:  http://www.stencyl.com/chat/

Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers! Doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

SirCrocketz

I actually figured it out! I'll be uploading an extension after I make sure it works on multiple platforms and get all the blocks made.

designpeg

This will be absolutely amazing to have on stencyl, not least as it will enable real collaborative working with musicians and sound artists who use fmod. Brilliant work!

GuyCockcroft

Amazing! Can't wait to try that out.

SirCrocketz

So, I have it working on Windows pretty well, I need to add more blocks but at least the game builds and events get triggered. I'll add parameters and everything after I get at least one more platform running. I'm tryiing to get it working for Android but I keep getting this issue, "
[haxelib.exe] F:/Stencyl Workspace/stencylworks/android-sdk/android-ndk-r15c/platforms/android-14/arch-arm/usr/lib/crtbegin_static.o:crtbegin_static.c:function _start: error: undefined reference to 'main'"

After some research, it seems I need to add an LDFLAG of -static and -shared, but I'm unaware of how to do that. I can add compiler flags but I don't think those are the same. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all open!