Invisible tiles?

Behappy859

are you changing tiles by any chance? I had a issue like that but it was because of the way I set the scene in the beginning.  In my scene I had my wall tiles already in the scene. So when the scene is completed the tiles would remove and then replace with the floor tiles for a opening to walk out of the scene. My character would hit the collision of the old tile.  So I went back to scene creator,  Deleted the wall tiles and added a floor layer for floor tiles.  Then in a scene behavior I created. When Created... add the wall tiles first. When the scene is completed it triggers event to remove the wall tiles. When I did that I could now walk out the scene without hitting the invisible collision tiles. Hope this helps.

PiggyTheAstro

No, not changing tiles, so far I only have the wall tiles being placed and deleted.

JeffreyDriver

I didn't really get some of your code. So you're trying to fill an area and then carve it out? I didn't understand how your code was supposed to work so I edited it to fill the scene with blocks. See image.
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

PiggyTheAstro

That is the exact same thing though, the time periods in the original code are to slow the process down because the game would crash from placing 16k tiles at the same time.

JeffreyDriver

The problem was in your original code though as the code above does work. I doesn't crash for me but it could be slowed down if needed.
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk