[SOLVED] I can't change any of my mobile target versions when testing

rutherglen

Hello,

When testing my mobile game I get the following message : "The currently selected Android target (api 9 - 2.3 (gingerbread) is no longer supported. Update the target version to at least API 19 - 4.4 (KitKat)"

The problem is my my android target version is just a blank bar it doesn't allow me to scroll and select a target version. I've set the minimum android version to Kitkat but it doesn't change anything. I still get the message. Also my iOS target version is permanently stuck on 12.2 not allowing me to change it.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or advise me on how to fix it?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 01:19:25 am by rutherglen »

Justin

Go to Preferences > Tools, and click the button on that page to download android tools. Once that's all set up, you can select whatever platform you downloaded as your target. You can use that same downloader later to grab other platforms if you want.

The iOS target available to you depends primarily on the version of Xcode you're using. If you want to use a newer or older target in addition to the one that comes with your version of Xcode, you need to download the corresponding version of Xcode, and copy the SDK files from the other version of Xcode to the one you use with Stencyl. See here. In general, there's no need to do this. Just keep up to date with the latest version of Xcode and use the single iOS target it makes available to you.

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

rutherglen

Hi Justin,

I had already set up the android tools as well as manually going to the Oracle website and registering my info to download Java 8 jdk. (see attachments)

I still get the same error message....

Justin

What folders does /Users/andrewsmith/stencylworks/android-sdk/android-sdk-macosx/platforms contain?

rutherglen

Hi Justin I've attached a photo of the files.

Sorry if I'm late in replying I'm just setting off to work.

Justin

Ah, I see. It seems that we still manually set the max API level for the "Android Target Version" dropdown, but we don't have a limit on what you can download through the Tools page.

Since Platform 29 is still in beta, try downloading Platform 28 instead.

rutherglen

Hi Justin,

I downloaded platform 28 and made the switch in folders, but this still didn't work.

It now only gives one option for the android target version...

bonzero

same problem here, I need a solution to publish an update. Tried to force the SDK target version editing the XML but no luck, the target drop list doesn't show anything and I have everything installed too

Justin

Are you sure you downloaded platform 28? It seems to think it's platform 9.

@bonzero: same question I asked rutherglen, what folders does /Users/[username]/stencylworks/android-sdk/android-sdk-macosx/platforms contain? Does the android sdk setting in Stencyl (File > Preferences > Tools) point to the "android-sdk-macosx" folder?

rutherglen

Well I've downloaded what's labelled as platform 28......

You can try it for yourself : https://androidsdkmanager.azurewebsites.net/SDKPlatform

rutherglen

Just to add it also still doesn't test games in iOS simulator or iOS device.

I've even tried setting up an brand new account with both Stencyl and apple development license trial using my dad's details and it still doesn't work.

I don't know if you know anyone who's using MacOSX Mojave who could reboot their computer and start afresh from step 1 like me and try testing a game on Stencyl 4.0 to corroborate the issues I'm facing?......

Justin

Oh I see, you're downloading from a different source instead of from within Stencyl?

If you just rename it from android-9 to android-28 you should be fine. Stencyl does this automatically when you download the platform from within Stencyl, but not if you copy in a folder manually.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 12:08:22 am by Justin »

rutherglen

Hi Justin,

This helped take things one step closer but now I'm at the same point with both iOS testing and Android.

Thank you for taking the time and effort in attempting to help me.

I'm attaching the generated logs that I get for both iOS and Android.

Justin

This final bug you've run into is macOS only, and due to the use of neko 2.1.0. The latest private build of Stencyl includes neko 2.2.0.

If you want to just patch what you currently have instead of installing a newer version, I wrote instructions here.

http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/index.php?topic=58623.msg308129#msg308129

rutherglen

Hi Justin,

Same error logs I'm afraid....

I'll have one last look over the weekend to see if I can fix it I might factory reset my whole Mac, otherwise I just give up....