[SOLVED] I can't change any of my mobile target versions when testing

Justin

Can you run "neko -version" on a terminal and confirm that it prints out "2.2.0"?

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

rutherglen

To be honest Justin I'm not too good with computers (as you can tell). This is just a recent hobby I've taken up. I'm a labourer by trade.

Every instruction you've been giving me I've had to read through forums to make sure I'm doing it right or watch youtube videos.

I've switched the neko files from 2.1.0 to 2.2.0 like I did with the api, I then went into terminal and typed the instructions you wrote on the other persons post entering my password when prompted.

I've gone into terminal and typed "run "neko-version"" command not found I've also typed "run "neko2.1.0" and 2.2.0 respectively again command not found.

Am I right in thinking if I just uninstall Stencyl and re-download it from this websites' front page (Is this the new private build you were referring to?) that Neko 2.2.0 is already installed?

I've set up another user on my mac using my dad's details. If you have the time at all one of these days except Sunday (I have to be careful though because I have a 30 day window to ask for a refund of my license) I wouldn't mind giving you remote access to my desktop if you'd like to see what you can do.

Justin

I meant for you to type in the quoted/bold part of my last post in the terminal, not including the word "run" or the quotes themselves.

Code: [Select]
neko -version

And about the private build I mentioned, no, the front page has the public build. Since you're a subscriber, you have access to the private builds, which are updated far more frequently, and can be found through the "Get the Latest Private Release" link on the forum index.

If you're running short on time, consider joining our discord server. See my signature for details. If you want to set up a remote desktop session, we could do that, and the problem would probably be fixed quickly. But remote desktop or not, live chat will be a lot faster than back and forth on the forum.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:56:19 am by Justin »

rutherglen

Hi Justin,

I decided to put everything off until today Saturday, so that I could give it a full day uninterrupted to try and fix the issue.

I downloaded the private build and it worked  straight away.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for taking all the time to help me! I can now start testing games and making games for mobile devices.

Justin

Great, glad it all worked out for you. :)