Tighter Controls?

Floosh

Hello, sorry if this question was already asked, but I couldn't find an answer anywhere. Using the preset run and jump behavior, once I lift up the move key, the character continues to slide a little bit more in that direction. It wouldn't be too much of an issue but it slides way too much! I've tried messing around with the physics, character weight, and friction but to no avail!

Is there any way to decrease the slide once a character stops?

merrak

It's been a while since I've looked at this particular behavior, so my memory may be foggy--but there should be some sort of slow-down configuration multiplier in the walk/run behavior.

Luyren

There might be such a configuration in the Jump and Run Kit (go to "Help > Sample Games"), but the "Jump and Run Movement" behavior on the "From your library" list doesn't have that.

Attached image, add that bit of code to that behavior, if it's the one you mentioned. Put that in the Update event (above the "If Jump and On Ground" statement). I recommend you create a number attribute, call it "Walk Slowdown" or something descriptive like that, and place it inside the red circle. That way you will be able to configure it in the actor's Behaviors Tab. That value should be any number between 0 and 1. The lower the value, the faster the slowdown. That should work.
Working.

Floosh

That Helped! Thank you so much!