Looking for 90s-style / retro game to score

kerchermusic

Hi! Are you making a game that owes a debt of gratitude to consoles like the SNES, the N64, the PS1, the Dreamcast, the Game Boy Advance, or the Gamecube?

If you are, please reach out! Not only do I have years of experience working in the Hollywood film music industry, I also specialize in writing music inspired by that mid 90s - early 00s era of gaming, using the same synths and samplers found in the soundtracks to your favorite games. Check out a short reel of my work: https://soundcloud.com/kent-kercher/sets/micro-loops

Thanks!

Kent

« Last Edit: Today at 10:00:53 am by kerchermusic »

kerchermusic

Do you favor the late 2D and early 3D eras of gaming?

Are you making a collectathon, a shmup, a jrpg, a kart racer, a puzzle-adventure, a tactical rpg, a narrative adventure, or a platformer inspired by the tropes of that time?

I just had a meeting with a head producer of a well-known game studio a little over a week ago. He told me that - though he listens to demo reels for a living - my game music reel was the most unique, best-produced, and most authentic he’d ever heard in this style. As far as he was concerned, I am now the go-to guy for when he will need this kind of music!

What do you think? Could I be your go-to guy, too?

https://soundcloud.com/kent-kercher/sets/micro-loops

ceosol

The title of this post is very deceiving. Maybe "Looking for 90's style/retro music?"

I do like some of the micro loops, they would be good for towns and cutscenes.

JeffreyDriver

Also, your profile pic is a bit stern.
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

squeeb

These are pretty good!  I feel like I'm back in the 90s sipping a Surge Soda, eating dunk-a-roos cookies playing my snes!
Your photo does stare me in the eyes while I listen to your soundcloud!  ;p

kerchermusic

The title of this post is very deceiving. Maybe "Looking for 90's style/retro music?"

I do like some of the micro loops, they would be good for towns and cutscenes.

You're right - I don't think it's deceiving, but it's certainly confusing. Now changed to something more clear.

Thanks for the feedback!

ceosol

I just meant it in the context of the "paid work" forum. When I originally saw the title, I thought you were looking to hire someone to make a 90's style game for you :)

LIBERADO

You are not trying to pay for some work, you are trying to sell.
I'm spanish, excuse me for my bad English.
I'm not a private teacher. Please, post your questions in the public forum.