Actor to stick to floors, ceilings and walls and be able to jump off

combosmooth

So i'm trying to figure out a way to get my actor to be able to stick to different surfaces, everything i try isnt working out amazingly. Any general advice would be good or even ideas on how i can do it properly

At the moment
i started with using the built Jump and run movement behavior and then tried to modify it to my needs
right now I am trying to do it based on some actor - tile collisions.
when the actor hits a right wall, i switch the gravity to (1,0)
left wall to (-1,0), ceiling to (0,-1) and set everything back to default when touching the floor.

it works fine for the floor, but my for walls my actor bounces off them and ends up floating away :(

Luyren

i started with using the built Jump and run movement behavior and then tried to modify it to my needs
right now I am trying to do it based on some actor - tile collisions.
when the actor hits a right wall, i switch the gravity to (1,0)
left wall to (-1,0), ceiling to (0,-1) and set everything back to default when touching the floor.

it works fine for the floor, but my for walls my actor bounces off them and ends up floating away :(
See if inputting the actual gravity force in the set gravity block works for you. Instead of -1,0 for left wall, try -50,0 or whatever value you want for your gravity.
I have my Stencyl behaviors and resource packs available here: https://luyren.itch.io/

vicevicebingo

you knew left key for negate x-speed, right key for x-speed
no both key set x-speed to 0.

so  what if left right key will control y-speed?
your problem is on y-speed.

try this trash block?
set velocity to ___ degree ___ speed

degree uses, direction of self also direction of self +180

then for gravity, point self towards 0 90 180 270 degrees.
very trash, right?

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:17:25 am by vicevicebingo »

combosmooth

Darn i never received notifications for my post so i assumed no one answered it

ive switched to using a package from forge that includes walk and jump and wall jump behaviours among others have been modifying those to fit my needs
I have tried to setting my gravity to more reasonable numbers like 85 or -85 and that has been working a lot better
I have got it to where i can stick to walls and the ceilings, and be able to climb those walls vertically and move across the ceiling horizontally.
however whether i stick on the wall or bounce off of it is still very inconsistent. Wall jumps largely work but jumping from the ceiling doesnt yet.

I will try to post my code a little bit later when im home.