Been away a while

gruffman

Hi all,

I used to live and breathe Stencyl a few years ago and then life got in the way. Thinking of getting back into it, just had two quick questions to help bring me up to speed;

1. I'm aware flash is being ended next year. Is this going to affect Stencyl in any way? If i recall right the games Stencyl makes are flash based.
2. Compile time, how is it now? I'm not saying it was slow when I was last using it, but you know how it is, you make a small change to the code and you have to test it. Repeat this 200 times a day :-\ Also, would adding more memory speed it up any?

Thanks!
Now available for all Android Devices - Happy Face Concentration
My Games To Date
Find A Face / Hero Of Oda / Snakes And Ladders
Hungry Monkey available at fgl.com for Sponsorship
My site - Gruffgames.com

JeffreyDriver

Stencyl can export to HTML5. The HTML exporter is now out of the experimental stage.

Compiling is also now faster too. http://www.stencyl.com/features/whatsnew/
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

Bombini

Welcome back :)
1. I'm aware flash is being ended next year. Is this going to affect Stencyl in any way? If i recall right the games Stencyl makes are flash based.
I am working on a game for desktop which is an option as well (beside html5).

2. Compile time, how is it now? I'm not saying it was slow when I was last using it, but you know how it is, you make a small change to the code and you have to test it. Repeat this 200 times a day :-\ Also, would adding more memory speed it up any?
My game is very complex with a ton of features and content. It takes me around 1 minute to compile for Desktop and much less for Flash.