Actor Attributes

ArsonMuffin

Hello, and thanks for stopping by!

I'm hoping somebody would be able to help me get my actors to sense one another. Basically, I want clicking on one actor to trigger a script in another. I believe there's a way to do this with scene attributes, but is there a way to do it at the actor attribute level? 

In short, is there a way to set one of my actors to be an attribute that is readable by another actor?

Thank you!

Luyren

There is a number of ways, depending on what you want to achieve. Without knowing the relation between the two actors, the simplest solution is:
1- Create an attribute of type "Actor" in one of your actor's behaviors. Set it to not be hidden. Create your click-then-trigger code referencing that attribute.
2- Place the actors on the scene, double click the one with the behavior, and on the right side of the scene designer click Inspector.
3- Click "Customize", find your behavior, then find your attribute of type "Actor" and click it. You'll be prompted to select an actor form the scene. Select the actor you want to receive the trigger.

That is instance customization.
Working.

ArsonMuffin

Thank you Luyren! That is EXACTLY what I have been trying to figure out :)