Why does actor suddenly stop colliding with tiles on same layer? [SOLVED]

sabj777

This one has me stumped. Okay, everything was going well up till now. My player actor collided with tiles on the same layer.

Then I created a light actor that simulates a lantern light. I made sure to make it have no collision, and I put it on one scene.

Now, my player actor does not collide with any tiles on the same layer on that scene. What's weird is that on any other scene I test individually,  the player actor stops colliding with any tiles on the same layer. Even if I don't put any light on the scene. However, if I go to another scene playing as the player in test mode, sometimes the player does collide with tiles.

I tried changing the collision shape of the player to a rectangle. Nope.
Turned off continuous collision. Nope.
Player is on the player group, and the light is on the doodads group. Still nothing.

I'm starting to think it may be because of the 90% memory issue I had a while back, but I'm not completely sure since I've stopped getting the messages after downloading Java x64 and using the script provided on the help post on Stencyl.

Anyone want to take a stab at it? I have no clue at this point.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 05:16:16 pm by sabj777 »

sabj777

Okay, never mind I figured it out. Problem was that the collision boxes from layer 0 and layer 1 were combining. So the solution was to remove the collision boxes from layer 0.