"Image from File" not found error

alohabrij

Kindly help as i am simply trying to attach an image in a scene placed under folder specified below but throws up an error of image not found. Using do every X sec => attach instance of image => image from file to screen at X ,Y.

O/s : Windows 10 64 bit
Stencyl version : 4.0.1 b (10300)
Game name : Game 9
Image has been placed in folder : AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games\Game 9\extras
Game folder shown in menu => Tools => Workspace => View Folder for this Game : AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games\Game 9\
Instead of searching in the above folder the code is searching image in the  game generated folder below:
AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games-generated\Game 9\Assets\data. This is as shown by below runtime error.

Error: Flash] ApplicationMain#uncaughtErrorHandler(306): [lime.utils.Assets] ERROR: There is no IMAGE asset with an ID of "assets/data/intro1.jpg"

Online documentation for Stencyl asks to place the images in extras folder under Game folder as shown under the said menu options.  This is not working. If i move the images under the game generated folder it works.

What am i doing wrong ? is there any config file pointing to specific folders for external files ? Kindly help.

squeeb

Weird.. I haven't seen this one before.. someone can probably give you s better fix... but..
Try placing that image with same name in that specific folder it's looking for.. may clear the error.. but not the actual problem...
You can try backing up project.. clean project.  And click the remove unused files tab... then try again

JeffreyDriver

Try Squeeb's suggestion. I had a similar problem with a sound. For some reason Stencyl didn't copy a sound file into the right folder.
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

alohabrij

Weird.. I haven't seen this one before.. someone can probably give you s better fix... but..
Try placing that image with same name in that specific folder it's looking for.. may clear the error.. but not the actual problem...
You can try backing up project.. clean project.  And click the remove unused files tab... then try again

Thanks squeeb it worked :) and Thanks JeffreyDriver for sharing :)