Any way to try out my app on mobile

Glowecco

I already set all the design and everything for mobile, I want to see how it looks like if I run it on my phone.  Is there a way to run it on my phone without I having to publish as an .apk? I am not using the pro version yet

merrak

Mobile should be an option in the Test Game drop-down menu. You can test on every platform without a subscription--you'll just have a 'Trial Mode' tag in the corner of the game for the subscriber-only platforms.

Glowecco

Yes I've tried setting the platform to android, but then theres a message saying Android SDK required. Or sometimes it asks me to install Java 8 JDK, but I already have Java 12 on my mac.

squeeb

You'll need to follow the guide to testing on android... you'll have to install the android sdk.... software development kit.. and possibly java 8 jdk

grmata

Here's what I did to get it to work:

Run SDK Manager by:
running android.bat found in D:\grmat\Documents\Stencyl Games\stencylworks\android-sdk\android-sdk-windows\tools
Selected the API I needed and deselected the others. Do not use Q.
My anti virus stopped adb.exe from running so I had to create an exception.
Seems like Android devs are getting sloppy.
When I tried to run SDK manager from D:\grmat\Documents\Stencyl Games\stencylworks\android-sdk\android-sdk-windows\tools\lib folder it couldn't find the android.bat cause it is one floder up.

Glowecco

Ok, Thank you
And like I said, I already have java jdk v12, but stencyl keeps telling me that I need jdk 8. So, I thought I specifically needed jdk 8(not 12) for stencyl. So I tried downloading jdk 8, but my mac won't let my java downgrade(?) the version down to 8 from 12. 

I got the Android SDK part and now I'm struggling about jdk. I feel very dumb having to ask so many questions.. sorryy