Labyrinhto 2.0

OttOXBerlin

Hello everyone, greetings from Berlin

want to show my first little game with Stencyl, so i hope i get some feedback
to try out how stencyl work and what i can do with.. i make this little 2D pacman style game
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/41034

i want to make many more levels, more puzzles, more difficulty and i hope i
found a way to make a ingame shop where players can buy some specials
what i need is founbd someone or a platform where i get music

- roadmap -

- many more levels, minimum 50
--> (15 of 50)
- some more puzzles
- ingame menue to buy special movements and other
- more enemys, varios
- after finish all levels, unlock some special levels
- diffrent mode (choose the speed and dificulty)

--------------->
What do you need to master Labyrintho 2.0?

- patience
- stamina and toughness
- observation gift
- Timing and instinct
- You must not throw in the towel immediately if you make a mistake

Battle through varied and exciting levels
<----------------------------

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:28:49 pm by OttOXBerlin »

Luyren

Solid start!

You left your actor with rotation enabled. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I don't even know if that was intentional or not, but I'm pointing that out anyway. Kind of a neat effect though.

I found the actor to be too slow. I understand you can speed up by spending energy, but I think the balance is off. There isn't much in the game that requires a slow speed either. My suggestion is to keep the same speeds, but make energy more abundant, or increase both the normal and the energy speed to something a bit more fast paced, or even increase the duration of the speed up. I stopped playing when I reached the green stages because of the slow speed.

I think if you are using a lives system, you could do something more elaborate than just "0 lives, go back to title." You could have something like checkpoints, where the player respawns if they die but keep the level progress (opened locks and collected items, for instance), and at 0 lives they just restart the stage. Getting sent to the title screen without a stage select and having to do everything again is really discouraging.

Keep up the good work.
I have my Stencyl resources available here: https://luyren.itch.io/

OttOXBerlin

Now you can choose from 3 different speed modes :P

---

I think the speed is not final yet, but just where I read your feedback has another idea, namely to play different modes, which means that before you start the game you can select which speed you have, 1x or 2x. has to test it all out

Was not you the one who helped me with no moving wall? although it is still through walls but then have the other way solved.

And as for the difficulty ... I do not know, I think it should not be too easy .. I have to look.

but in any case, thanks for the feedback

merrak

Now you can choose from 3 different speed modes :P

---

I think the speed is not final yet, but just where I read your feedback has another idea, namely to play different modes, which means that before you start the game you can select which speed you have, 1x or 2x. has to test it all out

Was not you the one who helped me with no moving wall? although it is still through walls but then have the other way solved.

And as for the difficulty ... I do not know, I think it should not be too easy .. I have to look.

but in any case, thanks for the feedback

Pretty good start so far. I have to agree about the speed, though. The first couple of levels felt very slow and tedious. Things got more interesting once there were some opponents on the board.

Speed aside, I liked everything else about movement. I had no issues with the little things like clipping corners.

vicevicebingo

« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 05:28:27 am by vicevicebingo »

OttOXBerlin

Update

adding a alpha menu to start level you want (for testing, so you dont need to play from start )
another level

--------------------
- roadmap -

- many more levels, minimum 50
--> [(13 of 50) +3 = 26%]
- some more puzzles
- ingame menue to buy special movements and other
- more enemys, varios
- after finish all levels, unlock some special levels
- diffrent mode (choose the speed and dificulty)

-----------------------
Speed aside, I liked everything else about movement. I had no issues with the little things like clipping corners.

this is more likely Stencyl merit, I have chosen a circle in the hope, but it worked directly on the first try.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 06:41:29 pm by OttOXBerlin »

OttOXBerlin

oO
ohmmm. why? 16MB is... like 1994

what ever, i finish now 19 levels
(level 15 is not ready)
Level 19 is very hugh and last one is level 20 yet

try some new enemys and actros, cant finish 4 ideas.. maybe in the future

Luyren

Go to Settings > Settings > Advanced > Project Scales and remove all of them except x1. After that, go to Tools > Game > Cleanup Unused Files. This might reduce your file size enough to upload to the arcade.
I have my Stencyl resources available here: https://luyren.itch.io/