DataUtilities Issue

Technomustang

Using Stencyl in classroom environment with novice programmers.
6 students with same issues

C:/Users/USER/AppData/Roaming/Stencyl/stencylworks/engine-extensions/External Data/DataUtils.hx
Not enough arguments, expected atlasID: Int
line: 95
columns: 21-91

Tried both 3.3 and 3.4 External Data versions

Justin

Looks like the extension needs to be updated for the version of Stencyl you're using.

I've submitted an update to the extension author, so it shouldn't be too long before that's available. In the meantime, you can manually make the change yourself if you want, or download the whole modified extension.

(To anybody looking at this page in the future: the latter link will become invalid in the future. Please see the external data extension topic for the latest version.)
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

jjessicavvu

Looks like the extension needs to be updated for the version of Stencyl you're using.

I've submitted an update to the extension author, so it shouldn't be too long before that's available. In the meantime, you can manually make the change yourself if you want, or download the whole modified extension.

(To anybody looking at this page in the future: the latter link will become invalid in the future. Please see the external data extension topic for the latest version.)

how would i go about in making changes myself?

Justin

In Stencyl, Tools > Workspace > View Workspace Folder. Then open engine-extensions/External Data. If you click the link I posted, you can see the name of the file I changed (DataUtils.hx), and the exact line I changed (red is the old line, green is the new one). Just do the same thing on your end.

Or just follow the other link and download the modified extension.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)