Top down game, want to make certain tiles have collision boxes and some not

dashw8616

I'm working on a top down pixel dungeon crawler based game. This means that I have tiles everywhere unlike a platformer, but I want certain tiles to have a collision box or a way to stop the player and some not. If anyone wants a kind of layout, my inspiration for my game is Soul Knight. How do I make it so that some tiles (the walls at the top and bottom and some obstacles) stop the player and some not (the floor)?

JeffreyDriver

You can edit the collision shapes for your tileset once you added it. You can have different shapes, or none at all.

Personally to keep things simple I'd have a separate tileset for floor (non-collision) tiles.
Current Projects:
The Grand Grimoire Chronicles Episode 1 now on Kongregate!.
I always appreciate useful feedback. Thank you.
www.jeffreydriver.co.uk

dashw8616

You can edit the collision shapes for your tileset once you added it. You can have different shapes, or none at all.

Personally to keep things simple I'd have a separate tileset for floor (non-collision) tiles.

I tried editting the shapes but it doesn't work. Some shapes I still collide with since its a tile even if I change it to no collisions. Do I have to turn off tiles completely then do the collision bounds?

squeeb

Turn on debug drawing and you can see the collision shapes

vicevicebingo

eh, eh, um, huh? ar.

NerdinaNutshell

Are your “tiles” part of a tile set or are they actors? Be sure that your player actor can collide with tile group . Also check this out for my help with tile sets: http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/tiles/
Plot Twist... I'm a ghost