Running Behavior Not Working

techmaster90

Hello,

I am  trying to recreate the sample game "Jump and Run Kit" from this website "http://www.stencyl.com/developers/samples" in a new game. I have replicated most of it but I have a couple errors showing up. I am going to attach a screen pic of the errors and the code from the logic blocks i'm using. I'm not a very good programmer but I can understand a little bit from the logic blocks. I'm attaching the code so that you can see what is going on. I would very much appreciate any help I can get with this. I'm trying to learn.

techmaster90

Hello, I  think I fixed the running behavior. I was using the Custom Block from the walking behavior and forgot to make a new one for the Running Behavior.

techmaster90

Actually, there are no errors showing, but now the problem is that the "player" is not showing on the screen when the game loads. I'm attaching my new code for the running behavior (because I think this it is the problem, but i'm not sure).

techmaster90

I fixed my code so that my player finally shows up on the screen now, but I'm not getting any errors even though things aren't working properly. I've tried everything i can think of so I'm just going to upload my game file and hope that someone is able to help me and see what is wrong. Thank you in advance for any help given.

Luyren

Avoid saying "it doesn't work" or variations of that. Explain what you want to happen, explain what is happening instead, and post a screen shot of your code. If you open your behavior, you'll see a camera icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. Click that, and attach the generated file here. For (I assume) the majority of people that is a better alternative than posting the behavior's preview code.
I have my Stencyl behaviors and resource packs available here: https://luyren.itch.io/

TroyFreitas

giving me error messages when i try to create a new game or open a crash course game

techmaster90

Avoid saying "it doesn't work" or variations of that. Explain what you want to happen, explain what is happening instead, and post a screen shot of your code. If you open your behavior, you'll see a camera icon at the bottom right corner of the screen. Click that, and attach the generated file here. For (I assume) the majority of people that is a better alternative than posting the behavior's preview code.

I'm sorry but what is happening now is different from what was happening when I first started this topic. I think I need to start a new topic. But I'll go ahead and post the code for the running behavior just in case.