Failed to compile to Windows after Updating to 4.2

ozz

After installing 4.2 from 4 my game won't test in Windows or Cppia any more.  It still tests in Flash and HTML5 and nothing else is broken.  I've already restarted the computer and added this version of Stencyl as an exception to  Windows (Win 10 doesn't seem to like Stencyl).  What's keeping it from compiling?

Edit:
2020-01-09 12:28:42,033 ERROR [pool-1-thread-2] stencyl.sw.app.tasks.buildgame.GameBuilder: Failed: Running Standalone (windows). (Return code: 1)
2020-01-09 12:28:42,033 ERROR [pool-1-thread-2] stencyl.sw.util.dg.MessageDialog: Encountered errors while building your game.: Check your logs and post them to the forums.  - Please describe what you have been doing. Be as specific as possible.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 12:23:40 pm by ozz »

Justin

Try cleaning your project and compiling again. Tools > Game > Clean Project.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

ozz

Try cleaning your project and compiling again. Tools > Game > Clean Project.

Thank you, though I'm afraid  that doesn't seem to have fix it.

Justin

Did you install Stencyl over a previous install? Perhaps try uninstalling Stencyl and installing it again, or just install it to a different location on your computer.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

ozz

Did you install Stencyl over a previous install? Perhaps try uninstalling Stencyl and installing it again, or just install it to a different location on your computer.

Thanks again, I did that earlier today.  It was ineffective, though I did just manage to find a fix. 

I found this thread several hours ago:
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,47117.0.html

I thought it irreverent since I had not touched Visual Studio today, but after rereading the post I tried modifying this fix to fix my situation and it appears to have don the trick.  It might be worth noting on the down page for this version of Stencyl that reinstalling Visual Studio with C++ might be necessary.  Oddly I did get an error message when replacing the prevision C, but my games are testing now.

Edit: Until this morning where in it refuses to test again.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:17:37 am by ozz »

ozz

Ok using the version from the main sight ( https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/ ) and installing the optional C++ tools has done it.  At least there was no error message with the C install and testing has been working all day, nearly.  It did fail to compile twice, but cleaning the project did the trick. 

This might be a bug of some kind as Stencyl version 4.0 was testing fine without need the extra C++ sets.