Cannot, for the love of me, test on my Android device. Please help!!

Todd Marx

Hi, guys! I'm back on Stencyl after a huge break.

So, I've been making this Contra style game, where the player blasts through waves of enemies.
I've been trying to test the game on my android device for a while now, and started by following the guide given on Stencylpedia. Didn't work. Then I read a few related posts in this forum and tried their solutions (i.e., reinstalling the correct SDKs and NDKs, updating the JDK, troubleshooting the phone itself) but none of them have worked so far. I've even watched a few tutorials on YouTube on how to run a Stencyl game on Android, but nothing works.

I'm working with the most recent version of Stencyl and imported my game from version 3.8.  I'll attach my logs that show Stencyl trying to run the game on the Android device.

In advance, thank you for your help!

Luyren

While I can't tell what the problem might be, I can offer a few suggestions you can try before someone with more experience chimes in:
1- Hit "Clean Project"
2- Test your game on HTML5, Flash or Windows and see if it compiles.
3- Try to compile for Android with a blank game (just one empty scene and nothing else)
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter

Todd Marx

While I can't tell what the problem might be, I can offer a few suggestions you can try before someone with more experience chimes in:
1- Hit "Clean Project"
2- Test your game on HTML5, Flash or Windows and see if it compiles.
3- Try to compile for Android with a blank game (just one empty scene and nothing else)

Thanks for replying!

I tried cleaning up the project first, as you recommended. The game does run on Windows, so I went ahead and cleaned up the project but it didn't work.

Compiling a new project with a blank scene didn't work either. Any chance I'm trying with the wronk J, N and SDKs??

For JDK I have jdk 1.8.0_112, for NDK I'm using r15c (x64) and for SDK I'm using the latest (29). The test phone is a Moto G5 with Android 8.1, USB debugging enabled and USB connection set to Media Transfer.