check your logs and post them to the forum . step by step instructions please.

jerocrackh

Hey I need help I want to test my game but I cant because it says I need to check your logs and post them to the forum

Luyren

Go to Tools > Game > Clean Project and Clean up Unused Files, then try again. Also, be more descriptive: what were you doing before testing, and what were you doing when the error message popped up.
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter

jerocrackh

Ok look I install stencyl in my disk C/: I create my game and when I test it doesnt work so I uninstall stencyl and install in my disk D/: and dont work, after I dowload a proyect finished of the crash course and it doesnt work .(excuse me if I said something wrong but I speak spanish

yoplalala

So it doens't work on an empty  new game either?

It's quite weird. There isn't any error written

2020-05-17 20:45:03,088 DEBUG [pool-1-thread-15] stencyl.sw.util.FileHelper: Trying to delete file that does not exist: C:\Users\scamp\AppData\Roaming\Stencyl\stencylworks\games-generated\akira\Export\flash\bin\akira.swf
2020-05-17 20:45:03,089 DEBUG [pool-1-thread-15] stencyl.sw.util.Util: Running command: [C:\Program Files\Stencyl\plaf\haxe-bin\windows64\haxelib.exe, run, openfl, -verbose, build, -debug, project.xml, flash]
2020-05-17 20:45:03,174 DEBUG [pool-1-thread-15] stencyl.sw.util.Util: Process 'haxelib.exe' exited with code: -1
2020-05-17 20:45:03,174 ERROR [pool-1-thread-15] stencyl.sw.app.tasks.buildgame.GameBuilder: Failed: Building for Flash. (Return code: -1)

jerocrackh

yoplalala

Honestly, I have no ideas.
Did you try to export html5 ?

jerocrackh

There isnt an optiont to export to html5 only says flash

jerocrackh

And when I try to export my project it says the same (check your logs and post them to the forum)

yoplalala

Sorry I meant test in HTML5 ....
But normally there should be an option to publish in html5 too. Which version/build of stencyl do you have ?

corbanwolf

Give us some more details. Did you try to test an empty game? Try to test in HTML5.
♪♪♪♪♪♪

yoplalala

Humm , just noticed something, it is written

2020-05-17 20:03:35,972 INFO  [main] stencyl.sw.Session: Java Home Environment Variable (JAVA_HOME): not set

@Luyren   is it normal ?

Luyren

That log message is the same on my logs, so I assume it's normal.
As for the issue at hand:
1- To the left of the Test Game button, there's a drop down in which you can select other platforms. You can select HTML5 and try that.
2- Try testing a brand new game, with only one scene and nothing else, and if that failes, post a new set of logs.
My Stencyl resources are available here: https://luyren.itch.io/
Cutscenes, RPG Elements, Particles, Map System and many more.
Twitter

jerocrackh

thanks for your help but 10 hours ago I reset my pc and reinstall stencyl, now I can work in the platform and make my dream true with stencyl