"Slide self BY" iOS oddity [1.3.5]

wohoo

The "slide self by" block works fine in flash, but when testing on an idevice, Y seems to go down by about 150 pixels or so, despite being set to 0?

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:41:32 pm by Jon »

h1rnz1lla

strange i used this behavior for my camera movement and it worked fine. could u give us more detail?

wohoo

Sure, I attached the behavior. And here's a video of what's happening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QF8eYkkMz0

As you can see from the vid the problem exists on X as well, as in both swipes the box ends up in different places than it does with the keyboard controls. It's like there are 150 or so pixels added to all swipes.

For the record, the black box itself or the scene have no other behaviors attached to them.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 06:06:49 am by wohoo »

h1rnz1lla

mhh ok.
does the way of how u swipe affect the y difference?
in the video it looks like that your swiping from top-left to right-bottom.

otherwise could you try something like the attached slide block?

applaud

I notice bizarre movement too when using 'slide by' on iOS device (worked ok in flash) - I changed it to 'slide to' and used a calculation instead.

wohoo

does the way of how u swipe affect the y difference?
in the video it looks like that your swiping from top-left to right-bottom.

Doesn't matter. Swiping with an upwards angle does the same exact thing.

wohoo

otherwise could you try something like the attached slide block?

Now its even weirder, and weird when testing in flash as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRhce7DTH44

I did "slide self TO [x of self - 500]" though, and it works now. Same for Y, just -/+ 0.

wohoo

Now there's another problem though. When sliding it left or example, twice, the box will appear on the left-top corner instead of going off-screen, making it impossible to slide back into view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii676IdoP0U

Again, it works fine when testing in flash. And I did add the "make self always simulate" block.

Dizko

Yea, I've noticed some strangeness with tweening too.

Double check and make sure your game is set to Landscape and the resolution is set properly to the landscape resolution.

If that doesn't help, try attaching it to the screen.

wohoo

The resolutions and stuff is fine. Turning it into a scene behavior worked however. Now it's doing everything as intended.

A bit of a hassle though, seeing as if i want to have many of such items side by side, I'd have to add whole block of rows, not to mention attributes, for each, instead of just attaching a quick and short behavior to each actor. And what if some of the items are off screen on scene load? It just goes deeper and deeper :(

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:19:28 am by wohoo »

Dizko

If they're all the same actor type you can apply the action to a bunch of the blocks at the same time with only one "slide by" line.

Something like this (see attached)

Dizko

If you're making a menu system, it might be better for you to make a large scene and keep the objects static and use the swipe mechanic to move the camera instead.

Jon

Now there's another problem though. When sliding it left or example, twice, the box will appear on the left-top corner instead of going off-screen, making it impossible to slide back into view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii676IdoP0U

Again, it works fine when testing in flash. And I did add the "make self always simulate" block.

If it's at the top-left, it might be sticking it at (0,0), which wouldn't be right. If could e-mail me or attach a test game, I could look into it.

wohoo

If it's at the top-left, it might be sticking it at (0,0), which wouldn't be right. If could e-mail me or attach a test game, I could look into it.

It's up on Forge, "swipe". Note then that even though it's set at -500/500, it moves more to the right than left as well.

applaud

I'm noticing an actor appearing in top left corner for a split second while it's tweening to a position. I'm setting up a menu logo & buttons on a one-scene game. So when the player hits play I want to slide the logo and buttons off screen.

Just setting up the logo and just before it slides to a position x=static(160) y=-200 it flashes in the top left corner before doing the slide up the screen as it should.

It happens 50% of the time and this is on the device