Encountered errors while building game (Thread #149449)

isaacnite

I'm trying to test my game on Mac but I keep running into the errors building game.

I am using an older version of Stencyl because that's what we built our game on, and porting it to the new version has caused numerous bugs so we've been sticking to this one. (3.4) 

thank you!

Justin

Stencyl is having trouble picking up the Xcode install correctly.

See line 4 from the following log snippet. "Xcode found in the [____] directory." is supposed to have a filepath where I placed the [____]. It's completely missing in your log.

Code: [Select]
stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [xcode-select] /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [xcodebuild] Xcode 12.2
stencyl.sw.util.StreamGobbler: [xcodebuild] Build version 12B45b
stencyl.sw.app.filewatcher.XCode: Xcode found in the  directory.
stencyl.sw.app.filewatcher.XCode: Xcode Version: 12.0

It seems like xcode-select is already set to "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer". For some reason (perhaps an unlogged error), Stencyl isn't picking this path up and instead sees an empty path.

Try setting these values in [stencylworks]/prefs/boot.txt:
ext.xcode.ignoreselect=true
ext.xcode.path=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer

When you start Stencyl next time, your logs should show the Xcode path where it was missing.
----

Please do try to update your game to the latest version though. We generally can't provide support for old versions of Stencyl. If you run into issues updating, let us know and we can try to help resolve them.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:54:18 pm by Justin »
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)

isaacnite

Yeah, definitely planning on it. It broke so much stuff when we updated to it though we had to delay the transition to it.

So, I did the following but I'm still getting the compiling error.

Justin

Here's the new error.

[haxelib] Error: clang: warning: include path for libstdc++ headers not found; pass '-stdlib=libc++' on the command line to use the libc++ standard library instead [-Wstdlibcxx-not-found]
[haxelib] In file included from ./src/scripts/MyScripts.cpp:1:
[haxelib] /Applications/Stencyl/plaf/haxe/lib/hxcpp/hxcpp/include/hxcpp.h:17:13: fatal error: 'typeinfo' file not found
[haxelib]    #include <typeinfo>

You might be lucky and be able to get away with using an older version of Xcode. If not, you'll need to update hxcpp, and if that's the case, it would likely require changes to various other parts of Stencyl as well, or the other third-party frameworks. Again, it's not a situation we can provide support for.
For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 10am and 10pm Japan time. (GMT+9)