Multiple Mouse Input

Mr Goulden

Hi All,

I work in primary schools and spent the summer creating games for a little website I made: www.gouldentime.com

These games are designed to be played on large 75inch touchscreen whiteboards. Having seen the children interact with the games really well, and knowing the the boards themselves allow for multiple inputs (multiple people can write on them at the same time), I'd like to create games that will allow multiple children to play at the same time. In particular, drag and drop type functions. Imagine that I want to have two-player pong, both using the touch function (mouse drag and drop).

Is it even possible to have a secondary mouse input? Or, is there and alternative that I'm missing in some of the multi-touch commands?

merrak

As far as I know, the native Stencyl blocks don't support multi-mouse, but that doesn't mean it can't be done. The general rule is that if something is supported by OpenFL, it can be done in Stencyl--either through clever use of the existing blocks, or an engine extension.

I did a quick google search for "multiple mouse" and "openfl", but didn't find anything. If you don't find anything either, I think a good next step would be to ask on the OpenFL community forum: https://community.openfl.org/

Mr Goulden

Thanks for the help Merrak, I'll do that. I don't have the slightest idea where to go with Openfl if I'm honest but we'll see how we get on.