Stencylforge resources transferable to without internet?

Miasmos Games

I had a look over there, and it seemed that someone had gotten something that sorted the problem out?

Cupcake Bounce

Hectate

I was just about to say as well, I'd tried to help, so just let me know in that thread if you have any issues with my code.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Ryusui

Personally, I think saving data as metadata in an image is brilliant. Spore did the same thing - every creature was uploaded as an image file, with the actual creature data appended as metadata.
In the event of a firestorm, the salad bar will remain open.

Bulletval

I believe they've done the same thing in 3dRAD, but that was a buggy, unusable piece of software. I started associating the same principle when other software did the same. I've never played spore, but that sounds like a successful usage of the idea.

Miasmos Games

I miss Spore, I was so sad when they stopped development of it :'(

Cupcake Bounce

TomEllard

Back on topic...

I've tested that way of copying behaviors.

It DOES work for something with a block diagram, but seems not work if the behavior is in code, e.g. the Video Actor behavior. The "Opening..." message does not complete.

What is the best way to transfer in this case? Perhaps as text?

Cheers.

coleislazy

In the current stable release, you cannot export code-only behaviors and at least one other resource type (sounds?), but that should be fixed in the next release.

In the mean-time, yes, you can just copy and paste code-mode behaviors. Just be sure to name them exactly the same!

Bulletval

I have any useful behaviors in a windows 7 library and in an online drop box for my dev team.

Oh yeah, there was probably some sort of snap actor to grid sort of behavior somewhere on Le Forge, but I don't have access to it, and I wrote one myself. Anyone know where I'd ask how to improve my code/ make it more efficient?

Alexin

Create a new topic. I'm confident we can help.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Bulletval

I've been using it for a while with no errors. I made a custom block that checks if a supplies number is between 2 other numbers, then in sets of 32, it checks the x and y value using a do while loop, then snaps it if the x and y of the actor is in between a tile. It works seamlessly. I thought I might run into trouble with the loops, but it does nothing to frame rate and doesn't lag anything. I'm much more concerned about the more obvious lag I'm getting when too many actors are on screen. It doesn't have to do mostly with the sheer number, but more with the detection formula used by the other towers to find the nearest instance of an enemy, look at it, and fire at it after set intervals. If trimmed it as much as I can, but it's still a meaty formula.