Can I share resources only to specific users? (ANSWERED)

docskull

Hello there,

I have a project of mine going on and I would like to use Stencylforge to share my resources with a new partner, but not making the whole thing public, is it possible?

If it is not, what would be the best way to share a game with a partner?

Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:54:13 am by docskull »

cloa513

Is that you have a partner or you are searching for one( if the former then there is the Developer Forum to find a partner- I recommend you give lots of general details on that post) ? You can give your partner your login details or make a new login user name and password and give that new one to your partner (I don't whether that's a breach of Stencylworks rules) and then never make the resource Public and then all the partner has to do is use your login or new login.
You can't share with particular other user names using StencylForge.

Abigayl

When working on my commission, I would convert the game into a kit and then send the entire file (find in your program files, in StencylWorks -> Games) via email. You can also use StencylForge when you are both online and immediately delete it afterwards.
If you need help, please check my tutorials either here or Kongregate (http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/Abigayl) or come over to my stream: http://www.livestream.com/poweredbyflowers

Alexin

"Can I share resources only to specific users?"
No. Resources are either hidden or visible to all users.

Quote from: docskull
If it is not, what would be the best way to share a game with a partner?
Use a shared Dropbox folder. Beware of concurrent edits though!
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

docskull

Thanks a lot for the answers, people! :D

Joe

"Can I share resources only to specific users?"
No. Resources are either hidden or visible to all users.

Once Forge 2 rolls around, you'll have a lot more options for sharing, though.