How to use numpad? [b368]

Darkhog

Tried with space between numpad and one?

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Hectate

There should not be a space, it's a straight string that references the key inside of flixel. I'll be able to check for sure when I get back home from work (bit more than an hour) - but it's not likely to help because of the version differences here.

I'm sure that once we get past launch and it's associated hurdles Jon will be looking into many of the suggestions and requests that've been put aside for now. Perhaps getting the internal flixel version updated can be an early update, since it does easily (for code mode/blocks at first anyway) add some functionality. Put it in the suggestion box and we'l see what happens, eh?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Greg

I see where the numpad keys were added in the latest version of Flixel.  Assuming Jon has no objections, I can add that code in pretty easily for the next version.

Hectate

OK, I just checked and flixel 2.35 (most recent "stable" version past Stencyl's 2.32) does NOT have numberpad support.

Jon, I'm willing to help update our version by identifying differences between the two, but it'll be up to you to determine the desired upgrade path - if any.
If you want me to start on this, send me an email or open a thread in the other forum with instructions as to how to obtain the SW-version flixel source (I must admit, I have an idea) and which version of flixel to compare to. Even if you decide that no upgrade is desireable, you'll at least get a list of differences (assuming you've not already compiled one). Let me know, thanks.

Edit: or Greg can ninja me and offer to add features. :)  But my offer still stands too.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Jon

Greg should be able to handle this alone, but if not, I'm happy to oblige with your offer.

Greg

Ok this should be in the next build.  I added in support for the keys on the numpad (including ., +, -, *, /).  I noticed that some of them were wrong even in the latest Flixel code.

I also had to make a change to SW itself, to map the keys from Java to Flash. 

Hectate

For the Java/SW thing, I'm assuming that's so they'll work for selecting them in the control editor like other keys, correct?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

Greg

For the Java/SW thing, I'm assuming that's so they'll work for selecting them in the control editor like other keys, correct?

Yup, exactly.  It takes the Java representation of the key and maps it over to what Flixel expects to see.