[iOS] Some Collisions not happening

Dom818

It seems a lot of collisions in my game are no longer working in iOS... The game's design is simple, something falls and when it reaches the ground or another object, it stops. It seems that the collisions and the game in general work in flash but the game fails on iOS. Only some things collide.

I have already made sure all the collisions are set up and everything collides. The behavior that controls the collisions and the stopping also works flawlessly (as it works in flash and it worked in a previous version). Why does this happen and how would I go about fixing it?

coleislazy

I'm not familiar with the iStencyl side, but it may help to know if you're using the latest release, or the preview build.

Dom818

I'm not familiar with the iStencyl side, but it may help to know if you're using the latest release, or the preview build.

I am using the stable release right now, although I have tried the previews with no luck.

Jon

I'd need to see the game to figure out what's wrong - collisions or lack thereof generally haven't given us problems in the past. (In other words, I'm saying that certain areas tend to produce more bugs than others - collision handling isn't one of them)

Dom818

I'd need to see the game to figure out what's wrong - collisions or lack thereof generally haven't given us problems in the past. (In other words, I'm saying that certain areas tend to produce more bugs than others - collision handling isn't one of them)

Should I email you the game?

h1rnz1lla

hi!

i'm having the same problem in my iOS game. The collisions actually happen, actors get pushed by the physic, but the logic that should be performed after the collision is not executed!

this thread also refers to the same problem -> http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,3458.msg40511.html#msg40511

Dom818

Yep.

Let me know when you figure out what was wrong.

Built by Man

I'am also experiencing the same issue, did anybody ever find out what was causing it?

Dom818

I'am also experiencing the same issue, did anybody ever find out what was causing it?

No, not yet, I am still waiting to see if Jon can debug and find the issue from the game I sent him.

Jon

Do you expect the animals to touch each other and collide? In the copy you gave me, your collision groups are configured for them NOT to collide.

Besides that, if you're expecting the animals to fall down, hit the ground and stop, that is exactly what they are doing. Clicking the animal before it hits the bottom makes it fade away and shake the screen. If they are touching the ground, they don't go away.

Is there something I'm missing?

The game gives a black screen in Flash - doesn't continue. No errors.

Dom818

The animals are supposed to stack up as they hit the ground, like how Tetris is.

In Flash, if you just test the Playing Screen/Scene the animals work correctly (at least on my comuter), yet in iOS they have a totally different way of reacting.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 05:45:46 pm by Dom818 »