Stencyl 2.0 - Official Release (Updated Apr 21)

Jon

As a designer, you aren't exposed to this kind of quirk - it's only something we handle behind the scenes.

Rhys

Jesus, these additions look fantastic! I'm tempted to use 2.0 right now. :P

Darkhog

I wasn't online for a while, but I heard that Stencyl 2.0 will have executable (stand alone games) export. Two questions then:
1. Will it be supported on all systems supported by SW (Linux, Mac, Windows)?
2. Will it be "pro" (paid) feature?

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Jon

1) Yes. For systems you're not on, the plan is to do this online, so you can get builds for the platforms you don't own.

2) Yes.

Footprint

Will 2.0 price be higher than the actual price?

Manuel

No, 2.0 will be free. If by actual price you mean the iStencyl's price it will be the same.
Game developers are the deities of the virtual realm.
Game Development Blog
Personal Tumblr
Personal Twitter

godofvaganza

i cant wait for this 2.0. i'm in project for a game, i've got frustated about actor behavior on 1.4 stencyl, but when i try this 2.0 nightly build for new event systems, my problem is solved. Now, i just wait for easier texting handling (input, dynamics, etc) and android publishing. beside that, i'm very comfortable with stencyl. Thank you so much for develop this awesome software :)

SWATLLAMA

Jon, regarding it being paid, can't we just export as an exe/whatever file format for your operating system through Flash Player?
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

majormax

Wow, can't wait for 2.0 to come out, almost done with my game in the nightly build.

Jon

Jon, regarding it being paid, can't we just export as an exe/whatever file format for your operating system through Flash Player?

You're free to continue doing that, but it's not quite the same end result.

Miasmos Games

It ends up with nasty Flash branding everywhere I think, and I don't know if portals like Steam will accept it.

Cupcake Bounce

tabletop

1) Yes. For systems you're not on, the plan is to do this online, so you can get builds for the platforms you don't own.

2) Yes.

Will this paid executable come with hardware acceleration and better full screen options?

Jon

2) Yes.

Will this paid executable come with hardware acceleration and better full screen options?

You'll be able to full-screen more nicely. In 2.5 (the next major milestone), all Stencyl games whether standalone or not will gain hardware acceleration a lot more "oomph" in general.

Future Freak

Part 8: Auto-Cloning Blocks

This is nice, but also very easy with the keyboard shortcut of holding down alt (on the pc)

What I do wish for is to be able to right click and 'swap' out a block. e.g. a [] - []  for a  [] + [].
whilst retaining the contents within the spaces.

At the moment I have to drag the contents out, delete it, then re-add the new block, then re-drag the contents into the spaces. Can be quite fiddly when having lots of nesting and prone to errors.

Life would be heaven to be able to right click a plus block and choose a minus block to replace it.