Stencyl 2.0 - Official Release (Updated Apr 21)

KungFuFurby

Whoa, nellie! You got me excited with the sound event "Sound is finished playing"! ^_^ Ahh, I could just think of how much easier that would make production of an opening and loop music player...
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

Derek

Quick question: Is the font editor in Stencyl going to be updated to be more robust?
Don't be a critic on the internet while eating and drinking at your computer.

Jon

Yes, we plan to do that when we bolster our text drawing options for Flash and iOS. Everything has a time and place. ;)

Gemini

are there any plans for isometric or hexagonal tilesets? Beefed up sound options? Perhaps fancy actor animation/drawing effects?

1MrPaul1

Tried events in nightly build and it's awesome feature! But I have some question about it. What about performance of events? Is it faster than using of always wrapper with attached attributes? For example what is faster "if x of self = x of target " placed in always or the same action as an numerical event?

Alexin

There's obviously an extra cost for managed tasks, but consider it null. Besides the cost being totally negligible, the advantages clearly outweigh everything else.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

RobT

Have the buttons Test Game (simulator) and Test Game (device) been relocated or removed in SW 2.0 ?

...ooops... Hello Everyone :)

Jon

They show only for Mobile games. Nothing's changed about that since the start.

Gemini

I should rephrase...Are there any plans for non orthographic tiling in the future?

1MrPaul1

Thank you Alexin. I undertand.
And one more question. Do you plan to add ability to export to exe in 2.0? Or it will be in the later builds? And will it feature be available for pro only or will be available in the regular version of SW?

RobT

Thanks for your help Jon but I'm still finding that if I open an iOS game or convert a game to mobile
I am not seeing these guys :)

Future Freak

Thanks for your help Jon but I'm still finding that if I open an iOS game or convert a game to mobile

Jon has said previously that his task for this week is to convert the new events system over to IOS - hence the reason it's not there at the moment.

Jon

That has no bearing on those options. They've always been there and are there for me and others.

Jon has said previously that his task for this week is to convert the new events system over to IOS - hence the reason it's not there at the moment.

RobT

Any ideas why they might not be showing up for me then ?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:25:01 pm by RobT »